Thursday 26 July 2012

Launching My First 'Class' Action


Dear Sirs,

Re: A New Venture


I am a Solicitor Advocate currently living in Manchester with a passion for craft, food and photography. Over the past eighteen months my addiction, sorry passion, for all things creative has become an increasingly important part of my life.

Although as a lawyer you do need to be 'creative' at times, I find that cooking, photography and different types of craft help me to relax and to exercise a completely different area of my brain. It also provides handy investment opportunities in the form of cookbooks, fat quarters and camera lenses!

I moved to Manchester a year ago as my (frankly amazing) boyfriend (hereafter referred to as Coach) was offered a fantastic job opportunity. I grew up in Sussex, went to Uni in Bournemouth and Coach and I were living in a sea front apartment in Poole before we moved 'oop North.'

As a way of establishing a new network of friends, I attended various classes and events with the hope of meeting like-minded locals. Whilst I did meet some lovely people, I never imagined that joining Twitter  would provide me with the opportunity to connect with the fellow craft addicts with whom I craved to connect!

I am now happily surrounded by so many people who share my passions and hobbies whether it be craft, cooking or photography. Many of these awe inspiring individuals have their own blogs and I can spend many happy hours marvelling over their work, picking up hints and tips and generally being all round entertained.

If I can provide a blog that is half as entertaining as those whom I now hero worship, I mean admire, I'll be a very happy bunny indeed.

Using this blog as my vehicle, I hope to provide my Mum/Readers with craft and photography tutorials, recipes and cooking advice, book and shop reviews as well as using this as platform to show off those whose work I admire and am occasionally granted the privilege of owning.

Many people have set up fantastic ways for bloggers and twitter users to connect and interact. I take part in craft swaps and on-line cookery challenges and hope that tales of my exploits will prove entertaining.

I am really excited about this new venture. Although it seems much more daunting that running a multi-party litigation I will be working hard to ensure this too is a 'class' action.

Any hints/tips/(constructive) criticism gratefully received!

Yours faithfully,


The Crafty Lawyer

7 comments:

  1. Just wanted to wish you good luck with the blog.. I have been craft blogging for two years... great fun, very addictive and possibly why I am seldom seen without my camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks a great start to me, might even have a go myself as not had the confidence up til now. Very best wishes. Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the craft blogging world!! Can't wait to read your future posts. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, another blog to add to the list. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very entertaining first post!! I'm looking forward to reading more :) I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy this blogging "lark" and you'll make some great new bloggy friends too!
    Good luck and most importantly .... enjoy! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello my lovely! Great post...can't wait to read further entries! Well done on setting it up, lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to read more :) xxx

    ReplyDelete